About uslearn more about who we are
Youth Potential South Africa – YOUPSA is a registered Non-Profit Organisation (NPO) and Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) founded in June 2015 by Ray Schöne and Alexis Salaman. YOUPSA operates in the Gamtoos Valley area, Eastern Cape Province, South Africa. We are the only education charity in the region.
YOUPSA brings education alive by igniting the inner spark in youth. When children discover their “spark”, they tap into their own unique talents and interests. Youth who have the ability to express their own personality and know what motivates them to do their best, develop a sense of purpose, empathy and social competence, achieve higher academic performance and contribute to the well-being of their greater community.
YOUPSA’s five core programmes are:
– Creative Youth Empowerment
– Creative Teacher Empowerment
– Leadership & Team-Building for Students, Teachers and School Governing Bodies
– ‘Words Can Change Worlds’ Literacy Programme
– Creating Health with Community Gardens
YOUPSA is a Level 1 B-BBEE Exempted Micro Enterprise